SCHOOL INTERNSHIP PHASE 1 @ MOUNT TABOR GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL , PATHANAPURAM : WEEK 1
Day 1
15/07/2026
The first day of Phase I of my teaching practice marked the beginning of an exciting and enriching journey. I reached the school at 9:00 a.m. with great enthusiasm and a sense of responsibility. After signing the attendance register, I met the Headmaster, who warmly welcomed all the teacher trainees and guided us to the staffroom. I then met my mentor teacher, discussed my lesson plan, and received valuable suggestions for the day's class.
I was assigned to teach Mathematics in Class VIII H and was provided with the class timetable. After the morning assembly, I spent some time in the staffroom preparing for my lesson and interacting with the teachers. During the second period, I entered the classroom to conduct my first lesson, marking the beginning of my teaching practice. The topic for the day was ' squares of differences' from the chapter "Square Identities". The day was filled with new experiences, learning opportunities, and meaningful interactions that boosted my confidence as a student teacher.I left the school at 3:45 p.m., feeling motivated and looking forward to the days ahead.
Day 2
16/07/2026
I reached the school at 9:15 a.m. and signed the attendance register along with the other teacher trainees. After that, I met my mentor teacher to discuss and review the lesson plan prepared for the day. My responsibilities included invigilating the unit test examinations in two classes: Class 5E during the third period and Class 8H during the fifth period, where both classes had a Hindi examination. In addition to examination duty, I conducted my Mathematics class for Class VIII H during the second period were I taught some problems related to the previous topic. The day provided me with valuable opportunities to balance teaching responsibilities with examination duties, enhancing my confidence and professional skills. I left the school at 3:45 p.m., feeling satisfied with the day's experiences and looking forward to the next day of my internship.

Comments
Post a Comment