WEEK 5 : WEEKLY REFLECTION
5th week of my school internship phase 1 at Mount Tabor Girls High School, Pathanapuram
Day 16
31/08/2026 (Monday)
The day began with the prayer. I reached the school at 9:20 am. After signing the attendance register, I moved to staffroom. I met my mentor teacher to review the lesson plan. He gave answer sheets of VIII H for valuation. I had a teaching period on the sixth period. It was the first day after the onam vacation. I taught them construction of regular polygons in different ways. Students were excited to construct regular polygons. The session gave me an opportunity to improve my teaching and classroom management skills. I left the school at 3.50 pm.
Day 17
01/09/2026 (Tuesday)
I reached the school at 9:00 am. Today, the postponed first terminal examination was conducted for the students of classes VIII, IX and X. Therefore, we did not have any regular classes to take. I completed the remaining assigned works during the day and left the school at 3:50 pm.
Day 18
02/09/3026 (Wednesday)
I reached the school at 9:15 am and signed the attendance register. An assembly was held in the morning to introduce the second term of the academic year. During the assembly, the students who had won prizes at the state level in various sports events were honoured. A student in Class IX got 1st prize in basketball and a group of students got various prizes for ball badminton. A student who was selected for NCC shooting, the only student from Kollam district to receive this selection, was also appreciated and honoured during the assembly. I had a teaching period in VIII. H during the second period. I engaged the students with some problems of regular polygons. It was the last class on polygons so I revised all the necessary facts. Today, our college principal visited the school for an observation.
Day 19
03/09/2026 (Thursday)
I reached the school at 9:15 am and signed the attendance register. After that, I met my mentor teacher in the staffroom, discussed the lesson plan and handed over the mark list of class 8 H. I had a substitution period in VIII. H during the fifth period, during which I distributed the evaluated answer sheets and discussed the questions and answers with the students. I had a teaching period in VIII. H during the sixth period, where I introduced a new chapter, "Solutions of Equations", to the students.
Day 20
05/09/2026 (Saturday)
I reached the school at 9:20 am and signed the attendance register. Since Friday was a holiday, Saturday was a working day following Friday's timetable. I had a teaching period in VIII. H during the second period, where I taught problems from the section "Adding and subtracting". As today was Teachers' Day, a teachers' meeting was organized in the staff room. The Headmaster delivered a speech on the occasion and distributed cake to the teachers including us, the student teachers. A PTA meeting was arranged for the students of class X. Therefore, there was no regular classes in the afternoon.

Comments
Post a Comment